I offer individual therapy and relationship counseling in New York City. I specialize in addictions, relationship issues and trauma including:
- Alcohol / Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Disorders
- Couples / Relationship Counseling
- Coping Skills
- Cross Cultural
- Grief / Loss
- Men’s Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sports Counseling
- Stress Management
- Veterans Issues
- Work Related (EAP Services)
- Consultations and Training
- Work Shop Presenter
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
EYE MOVEMENT DESENSITIZATION AND REPROCESSING (EMDR)
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a method of psychotherapy developed in the late 1980’s. It is recommended as an effective treatment of trauma by the American Psychiatric Association. It is one of the preferred treatments for trauma approved by the American Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense.
The goal of EMDR therapy is to: clear traumatic experiences, understand your emotions, develop positive perspectives, and incorporate healthy and useful behaviors and interactions.
INTERNAL FAMILY SYSTEMS (IFS)
The IFS Model of Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapy is not family therapy. The name refers to each person’s internal community, or “family” of parts. Very often, our internal systems become organized around emotional pain, and how to manage it.
As an IFS therapist, I’ll work with you to: release pain, address concerns, resolve negative behaviors and restore your original joy in life.
It is important to nurture love, affection and tenderness – they foster pleasure and enriches committed relationships. When we fail to commit ourselves to repair, unable to see how old patterns of relating develop into anxious attachment, we are alone in our hurt and pain. It is possible to heal within a relationship and achieve a blissful connection. Bring your curiosity and willingness to explore the possibilities within your love relationship with a caring professional in the safety of my office.
I incorporate attachment theory, Imago Relationship Therapy, and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) in my couples sessions.
I help amateur and professional athletes excel in the following:
- Improve performance, clearing mental blocks (fear, anxiety, anger)
- Reduce performance stress, coping with emotional functioning
- Recover from emotional fatigue caused by physical injuries during the rehabilitation process
- Improve focus and mental toughness
- Resolve relationship conflicts with coaches or teammates
- Teach strategies to stay focused and enhance fun while playing
- Address pressures and challenges of performance